If you are experiencing issues with the client not being able to connect to our server, please see below for information on possible causes:
- You may have a firewall or an antivirus program might be blocking connection. Please try temporarily disabling these.
- OpenVPN client communicates via the port UDP 443 and 1194. These ports need to be opened in the router for OpenVPN to work. Please try changing your router settings to include correct ports.
- It could be due to your DNS settings. These settings are normally set automatically once the software is installed, but in rare situations these settings need to be set manually. Try manually changing your DNS to “22.214.171.124" or “126.96.36.199”.
Please see details below on how to change your DNS based upon on your operating system:
DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection:
- Go the "Control Panel".
- Click "Network and Internet", then "Network and Sharing Center", and click "Change Adapter Settings".
- Select your Local Network connection.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter your password for access.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select "Use the following DNS server addresses". If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses either of the following IP addresses: 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
Mac OS X
DNS settings are specified in the Network window.
From the Apple menu, select "System Preferences", then click "Network".
If the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window is locked, click the icon to make changes, and when prompted to authenticate, enter your password.
Select your Local Network connection.
Select the DNS tab.
- Click "+" to replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the either of the following IP addresses: 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168
- Click "Apply" and "OK".