The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure VPNTunnel using PPTP on your Windows 7 & Vista computer:
1. Click Win+R on your keyboard, type "control panel" in opened window, and hit enter
2. Click "Network and Internet"
3. Click "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click "Set up a new connection or network"
5. Select "Connect to a workplace" and click "Next"
6. Select "Use my Internet connection (VPN)"
7. Enter the following and click "Next"
Internet address: Enter the PPTP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
Destination name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. VPNTunnel
☑ Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later
8. Enter the following and click "Connect"
- Username: Enter your VPNTunnel user name
- Password: Enter your VPNTunnel password
9. Click "Сlose"
10. Go back to Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center and click "Change adapter settings"
11. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Properties"
12. Open "Security" tab, select the following and click "OK":
Type of VPN: Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
Data encryption: Maximum strength encryption (disconnect if server declines)
Allow these protocols
☑ Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
☑ Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)
13. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Connect"
14. Click "Connect"
15. If you have entered the correct login information your VPN connection icon will become blue:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to VPNTunnel.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Windows device to connect to the VPNTunnel VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.