PPTP Ubuntu 12.04 Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure VPNTunnel using PPTP on your Ubuntu 12.04 computer:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp network-manager-pptp-gnome
1. Click on the Network-Manager icon on your desktop bar Notification Area (also called system tray on windows). In the Network Manager menu; choose VPN Connections and then Configure VPN. The VPN Network Connection settings window will open
2. Click "Add" to set up a new VPN connection configuration:
3. Select "Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)" from the drop-down menu:
4. Configure the connection using the following details, and click "Save":
- Connection Name: Enter VPNTunnel
- Gateway: Select the server / location from the PPTP server list that you wish to connect to and enter the URL here
- Username: Enter your VPNTunnel username
- Password: Enter your VPNTunnel password
5. You have now created the connection to VPNTunnel's servers. Choose the VPN connection named “VPNTunnel” in the Network Manager menu in order to connect.:
Your connection is now successful; and all of your online activities are 100% secure and anonymous while connected to VPNTunnel.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Ubuntu14.04 computer to connect to the VPNTunnel VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.