PPTP Ubuntu 14.04 Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure VPNTunnel using PPTP on your Ubuntu 14.04 computer:
By default; Ubuntu 14.04 already has the PPTP VPN protocol installed. If you do not have PPTP VPN on your system; install the packages "netwok-manager-pptp" and "network-manager-pptp-gnome" from either 'Ubuntu Software Center' or by using the command-line below, and restarting your system:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp network-manager-pptp-gnome
1. Click on the Network-Manager icon on your desktop bar Notification Area (also called system tray on windows). Select "VPN Connections" and then "Configure VPN". The Network Connections window will then open:
2. Click "Add" to set up a new VPN connection configuration, then select "Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)" from the drop-down menu:
3. On the "Choose a Connection Type" window; select "Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)", and click "Create":
4. Configure the connection using the following details, and click "Save":
Connection Name: Enter VPNTunnel Gateway: Select the server / location from the PPTP server list that you wish to connect to and enter the URL here Username: Enter your VPNTunnel username Password: Enter your VPNTunnel password
6. You have now created the connection to VPNTunnel's servers. Choose the VPN connection named “VPNTunnel” in the Network Manager menu in order to connect:
Your connection is now successful; and all of your online activities are 100% secure and anonymous while connected to VPNTunnel.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Ubuntu 14.04 computer to connect to the VPNTunnel VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.