To change the DNS settings on your Windows computer to work with VPNTunnel; please see the instructions below:
Windows Vista & 7:
- Click on the "Windows Start Button", then select "Control Panel".
- Click on "Network and Internet" and then “Network Center”.
- Click on "Personalize, next to the network you are connected to. Then select the “Properties” button.
- Another window will pop up; click on "Properties" button.
- You will be asked for your permission to make changes. Click "Continue" button. Make sure you have administrative rights on your system before making changes.
- Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", then click on "Properties".
- Select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and type in VPNTunnel addresses (10.10.40.1 126.96.36.199) in the "Preferred DNS server" and "Alternate DNS server" fields.
- Select control panel from the start menu.
- Click "Network Connections" from the Control Panel choices.
- Choose your connection from the Network Connections window. If you have more than one, choose your default/current connection.
- Click the "Properties" button.
Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click "Properties".
Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type in VPNTunnel addresses (10.10.40.1 188.8.131.52) in the "Preferred DNS server" and "Alternate DNS server" fields.
You should now be ready to use your new name servers. Your DNS settings are now changed.