The following instructions outline the setup process for IPsec IKEv2 connections on Windows 8
1. Click Win+R on your keyboard, type "control panel" in opened window, and hit enter
2. Click "Network and Internet"
3. Click "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click "Set up a new connection or network"
5. Select "Connect to a workplace" and click "Next"
6. Select "Use my Internet connection (VPN)"
7. Enter the following and click "Create"
Internet address: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our
Destination name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. VPNTunnel
☑ Remember my credentials
8. In the menu bar you will see your created connection:
9. Go back to Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center and click "Change adapter settings"
10. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Properties"
11. Open "Security" tab, select the following and click "OK"
Type of VPN: IKEv2
Data encryption: Maximum strength encryption(disconnect if server declines)
TICK: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol(EAP) and select "Microsoft: Secured password(EAP-MSCHAP v2) (encryption enabled)"
12. Right-click on your VPN connection and select "Connect"
13. In the menu bar, choose the connection, and click "Connect"
14. Enter the following and click "OK"
- Username: Enter your VPNTunnel user name
- Password: Enter your VPNTunnel password
15. First connection usually takes no more than a one minute. After connection you should see the VPN connection is successful:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to VPNTunnel.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Windows device to connect to the VPNTunnel VPN servers, please contact our Support Team anytime.