The following instructions outline the setup process for OpenVPN connection on Ubuntu 18.04:
1. Download the VPNTunnel configuration file(s) here
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
3. Open the "Terminal"
4. To install Openvpn dependencies type following commands one by one:
sudo apt update sudo apt install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
5. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose Settings button in bottom left corner
6. Click on the plus icon on your right to add new VPN connection
7. Select "Import from file"
8. Select the VPNTunnel.ovpn configuration file of server you would like to connect to from the downloaded and extracted files in Step 1-2. Delete blank spaces from configuration name because this will cause an error(ubuntu bug). So rename f.e "Turkey - Istanbul" to "Turkey-Istanbul". After this add configuration file to network manager.
9. Enter your VPNTunnel username and password.(Check "Store the password for all users") Click "Add"
10. Select the connection you just added and switch OFF to ON trigger
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to VPNTunnel.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Ubuntu 18.04 computer to connect to the VPNTunnel VPN servers, please contact our Support Team anytime.